Ty's baby blessing was held on December 26th, 2009. Dan did a wonderful job blessing him and we're so thankful for all the family and friends who could be there for the special occasion. My dad let us use his condo, rather than waiting to do it at church. Timing just worked out better with most of our families being in Utah over Christmas break. It felt very intimate and personal to hold it in my dad's home.
I was choked up from the moment Dan began the blessing, just thinking of my little boy being held in his hands and receiving his name and all the blessings and promises to come throughout his life. There was one line I liked in particular, referencing how he will have a close relationship with his mother, who will teach him many great things... =)
When the blessing started, Ty was quiet at first - and then his pacifier fell onto the floor and he started squawking. I had the inclination to bend over, pick it up and try to shimmy my way into the circle to put it back in his mouth. But fortunately, I restrained myself. That might have been awkward.
Pawnee offered to let us borrow his cousin Christian's blessing outfit. So handsome...
Kylana and Ty all dressed up, side by side. Dan and I think he looks a little like his Uncle Kroc (Ryan Kiefer) in this picture. Something about his eyes, I think.
I love this picture. Jen looks beautiful holding little Ty, and then there's Dan's stunningly handsome face in the background! (We had a montage of pictures playing on the TV, ones Carrie had taken over Thanksgiving break that we love.)



1 comment:
How nice that you got to bless him at your Dad's house. We did that with Natalie and I loved it! Much less stressful. Cute cute pictures! You and Jen are so cute together with your babes. I'm sure they will grow up to be great buddies.
Post a Comment