Today, Ty is 12 weeks old. Here are some updates on our boy:
- At his ten week appointment, he weighed 12 pounds and continues to steadily gain at least an ounce a day. He received two shots in his thighs. It was so sad to see him calm and happily looking up at me, only to instantly turn a deep shade of red as he wailed! Heart-breaking... but Ty calms down really quickly after he's upset, most of the time. That made me feel better.
- A couple weeks ago, he rolled over THREE times in five minutes! Pawnee and her kids were also there to witness this milestone. Well, we all missed the first one but know it happened. I left him on his tummy (in effort to redeem his practically non-existent "tummy time". oops.) and when I heard him squawking a minute later, I was so excited to see him on his back! And then he did it twice more, when mean-mom selfishly kept putting him back on his tummy, despite his adamant, irritated noises. I just had to make sure it wasn't a fluke! Since then, he's only done it once more (today) because he's not a fan of tummy-time.
- He started smiling a little more over Christmas break, but it wasn't until last week that he smiles and offers short spurts of laughter on a regular basis. Love it!
- Ty loves music. We listen to calm music together when he's nursing (like Sarah McLachlan, Hayley Westenra, Charlotte Church, etc). I've really enjoyed our "quiet moments", like when I'm holding him and rocking him to these songs. Sometimes I sing along, and every time he busts out these adorable, wide grins, followed by something like a giggle. I'd like to think he enjoys the sound of my voice, but maybe he's just making fun of me in the only way he knows how.
- His newborn, deep blue eyes are somewhere between green and brown now. Please keep the tint of green!
- He's still practically bald, just like his mom was for the first couple years of her life. Sorry, Buddy.
- Ty fits into some of his 3 month clothes, all of which have been gifts, or hand-me-downs from his cousin, Christian. I love seeing him all dressed up in his little sweats and hoody outfits, like a little person ready for the gym!
- We love him so much. But that's nothing new.







1 comment:
OH so cute!! I LOVE that last picture of you guys. Totally adorable. I am glad that you guys are so happy. He sure is a cutie.
Post a Comment