Dan was in Nevada helping his brother move scrap steel, so unfortunately, he was not able to be with me on Mother's Day. But he left a card and a couple gifts for me. One was a digital frame, which now sits in the living room cycling through the best pictures of Ty. I love it. The second gift was an ice-cream maker. I might need to bring this with me to Vegas!
Sunday morning, I was awakened by a knock on the door. I squinted blindly, hearing Thomas say something about coming in for a second (The Shipleys were visiting for Adelyn's baby blessing). I mumbled consent, noticed the darkness outside my window and prepared to fall back asleep, when the lights flipped on. Then I heard Thomas and his kids singing, "Happy Mother's Day to you.." When they first started the song, I was so confused in my tired-state that I wondered, "Is it my birthday?" Then I noticed the beautiful gourmet breakfast presented on a tray. I sat up in bed, mostly awake and in awe of the colorful meal before me. The plate was filled with cheesy, scrambled eggs that were sprinkled with bell peppers; a blueberry muffin; thick, peppered bacon; English muffin with butter and honey; an assortment of fruit; two slices of avocado, and a tall glass of orange juice. For presentation points, the tray was decorated with flower petals, borrowed from the giant vase of flowers on the dresser! Just when I thought my morning was perfect, my mom and Pawnee were ushered into my room to snuggle up next to me while enjoying their very own gourmet breakfast trays. It was so special. I'm very grateful to Thomas and my nieces and nephew, ALL of whom woke up at 5:45am to offer us breakfast in bed at 6:30 in the morning.
I was lucky to share Mother's Day with these other beautiful ladies, who came to Adelyn's baby blessing. Ryan did a great job blessing Addie, who looked so adorable in her new white dress and head-band.
Emily and her mom, Barbro (BOTH of whom I love, by the way) and little Addie. She's growing so fast!
I love getting some baby-time with this one. I'm not the only one. Everyone wanted a picture with the little star of the day!
Grandpa Rock, who is so proud when he gets to babysit!
Khun Yai, who helped Addie stop crying by realizing she just wanted to be held upright.
My mom and three out of five kids.
She loves being a grandma to this fun bunch of monkeys.
So, Mother's Day was off to a great start. After a delicious brunch and finally watching Avatar, I headed home with my mom and dad to Provo. I was looking forward to spending some time at the cemetery. I packed up my laptop for music and some readings I've been given, regarding babies who pass away. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to see my friend, Jamie, sitting in the Angel Garden. She had brought Ty the carnation she received at church. We chatted for a little while before she was needed at home. Then I sat for another hour, enjoying seeing all the people visiting loved ones, while comforting music played beside me.
Back at home, I was visited by our good friends, Elias and Kelley, both of whom have also played key roles in supporting us through these past couple months. They are amazing people who always seem to follow the inspiration they receive to help others, like ourselves. Plus, Kelley is a superb chef and left a full tray of cheesecake bites! Mmm... Doug Fidler, Jen's brother-in-law, also stopped by for a visit, which I thought was so kind. And with a few phone-calls, my entire day and evening was non-stop goodness.
I do miss Ty. My heart is so full of love and gratitude when I think of him, and thank him for having the greatest impact on my life. I am so happy to be his mother forever. And I can't wait to meet his little siblings, who I'm sure are receiving some pep-talks from their older brother - an older brother whom I know will promise to visit his brothers and sisters so they will know Ty in their earthly life. Dan and I are anxious to meet them.
Thank you to my own mother for teaching me how to love. For teaching me about sacrifice. And for teaching me the foundations of a testimony, for which I would not be able to survive without.
9 comments:
Erica, I love that first picture of you with your mom and Pawn. You are absolutely beautiful inside and out. Your whole family is. I am so glad to hear that you had such a great Mother's Day. I also think that is so neat that you connected with you friend Jamie so fast. I have met friends in my life where I believe I knew them before we came to Earth. What a special friend to have around, and what a great support system you have. Don't worry about not calling me back! You have been a busy girl. Just call when you have a minute to breath! I love you to pieces!
You and Dan are amazing! Yes, it's okay to miss Ty. You miss him because you love him so much, and that's totally okay! You and Dan are exceptional parents. I love the thought of Ty giving his younger siblings prep talks. That's awesome! Love you guys!
Yes, please bring the ice cream maker.
I just love all your posts. They make me cry, but it's always a good cry. I guess I'm just an emotional person! I'm so glad that you had a good day and received so much love from others. How sweet of Jamie to be at Ty's grave sight. I like that girl! The family photos were all great. You looked fabulous once again!
Erica, you look absolutely beautiful with that flower in your hair. I got an ice cream maker last mother's day - best gift ever! Happy Mother's day to one of the most beautiful mothers I know! Love ya!
I LOVE YOU! and see, im not the only who thinks you just positively glow!
I am so glad you had a good day! You are so wonderful and I just love you!
What a great Mother's Day. I am glad you were able to spend some of that day with Addie, Emily and I. I think it's wonderful the way you honor Ty, through these experiences and your expressed thoughts/feelings. What a gift it is to me. I am proud of you my sister. You have always had wisdom beyond your years. As for Dan, let's just say you make up the difference in terms of his wisdom! Just playin!
Post a Comment