There is nothing I enjoy more than a massage! In Thailand I fully took advantage of the cheap cost, especially during track season. That's one of the things I miss most. I also miss having my sister Jen around. She gives great massages, too! Well, of course, I miss her for other reasons... But in high school, we always exchanged massages right before we went to bed. It was such a relaxing, soothing ritual!
Dan and I were given some gift certificates to Seasons Day Spa in Orem. We've been there a couple times last year, but were even more impressed this last visit. My mom came with us and even she - who is very particular about comparing services in Thailand to the U.S. - thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We sat in a little waiting room, dimly lit with glowing candles and a table of drinks and biscotti cookies, while we soaked our feet in a bowl of hot water. Dan arrived a little late and was in a grumpy mood, to say the least! He was mad that I had turned my cell phone off, as requested by the spa, because he became lost on the drive over there.Ultimately, what it came down to, was he was working too hard on his final paper and needed a break!
As we were ushered into a little sauna, the three of us sat in our robes listening to relaxing music as we closed our eyes. I tried teasing Dan, but he was still very much not in the mood for my giddiness! So my mom and I just laughed quietly, thoroughly excited for the upcoming massage. Dan and I were led to the "Couples Retreat" room while my mom was taken to a private room. The next hour was amazing! Stressful knots were kneaded out of my muscles and I almost fell asleep, except I didn't want to miss out on anything! A lot of time was spent on my back and I loved it! Needless to say, Dan was much happier by the time we walked out of the spa. If I could afford massages on a weekly or even monthly basis, I totally would. If you are reading this and have never had a massage, save up and do it! It's so worth it.
Recovering and Surrendering
9 years ago
2 comments:
Amen, Sister!!!! Massages are the BEST!!!
It definitely is worth it! Kelley convinced me to get my first massage, I think around 10 years ago. I was freaked out at the thought of someone other than my wife touching my body. But after the first massage, I was hooked! The same thing just happened with Kelley's sister's fiance. She just convinced him to go (even though he was nervous), and he's now hooked. It's so relaxing! Glad you guys got to go. Great way for Dan to relieve the stress of brief writing!
Post a Comment