WELCOME TO OAHU, HAWAII!
Driving Along the Coast of PARADISE!
On our first day in Hawaii, we drove along the coach and stopped along various observation points. So gorgeous! We also went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, but that was so amazing that it deserves a post all of its own.
Sistas! We had so much fun being together, especially during times when Thomas was busy with the Orthodontic Conference. I owe them big time for my fabulous vacation!
View From Our Hilton Hotel Room: Waikiki Beach
Pawnee showed me how to tie my "sarong" in lots of fun ways for a swim-suit cover up. The one I'm wearing was a gift from Pawnee from a year or two ago. As we passed an "ABC" store (a convenience store as common as a 7-11) I snatched up a beautiful red and gold one. I love them!
Shark Cove is supposed to be a world-famous spot for snorkeling, as Pawnee and Thomas attested to from their previous visit. However, we didn't see the sign until after everyone was beat up by waves and rocks that Shark Cove becomes a little treacherous from October through April because of the stronger current! There were some cuts and bruises, but ultimately everyone was Ok. I was a little relieved I didn't venture in!
Sunset Beach
Here's most of the crew that works for Thomas at his Ortho practice. They're a fun bunch of ladies! and Walter, the solo man besides Thomas, is such a good sport about being surrounded by so much estrogen! His wife beside him also came along. Very nice people! We had some fun dinners together, paid for by representatives seeking Thomas' business. Spoiled at fancy restaurants, for sure, thanks to Thomas' ability to put up with all the schmoozing!
I love this photo--especially the texture of the footprints in the sand.
Burying the boss!
Emerging from the sand... he's so funny!
Beautiful, prego Pawnee who is a week or two past 20 weeks. No, she will not be finding out the gender. With this final addition to their family they want to be surprised again, like they were with Shelbilyn.
Good-bye Sunset Beach. Such a relaxing place to visit.
Afterwards we went to dinner at a place called Kahuku Grill. It sort of looks like a hole-in-the-wall, but we were limited with eating options and took a chance. The fast-food was delicious! Thomas ranked his burger as one of the top-five burgers he's ever had. We also discovered that the owner is LDS. We picked up on a few clues, such as
1) The mural on 3/4ths of the wall with a subtle picture of the Hawaiian Temple nestled within the jungle, with village people pointing towards it as if to say, "Go to the temple!" Haha...
2) The salad Pawnee ate with her shrimp was also a replica of most salads presented at Relief Society activities and funerals: Spinach salad with craisens, walnuts, and a vinegarette dressing!
3) The young waitress with the wedding ring on her finger
4) Fry-sauce! Ok, I know that's not really a Mormon-thing, but Utahns love them some fry-sauce, that's all we were saying!
When I picked up my to-go box, I spoke with the owner, who is this kind, gentle man. Yes, they are LDS! It was fun talking with him for a minute or two.
More Hawaii pics and stories to come! (And this is me being selective!)
1 comment:
You documented our trip so well! And I'm SO glad you took that prego pic of me...I might not have it otherwise. :)
Post a Comment