Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Starting!

I believe I will be 8 weeks pregnant come this Sunday. Wow, how the time slowly ticks by this first trimester! Seeing as how I didn't really feel queasy until I was 8 weeks pregnant with Ty, I've anticipated this past week as a final countdown to the inevitable! I only made it to about 7 1/2 weeks though before I sensed the very mild beginnings of "night-sickness" over the past couple evenings. I've been trying to ignore it, for the most part. Today, though, I have felt "bleh" off and on all day, so Dan purchased some gingerale from Good Earth. Even though I really dislike the taste of  true "natural" ginger, it helped me feel better last time around, so I'll keep it on hand and maybe mix it with something.

Crazily enough, I've already gained 3lbs. How is that possible?? I know you're supposed to gain quicker with your second pregnancy, but seriously? Fortunately, I started in the best shape of my life since high school and weigh about 15lbs less than when I became pregnant with Ty! (Yeah, I was a few pounds heavier than I should have been back then!) Anyway, I don't want to worry about it too much. I do want to keep exercising, but most importantly, eating as much nutrients as I can hold down in the next not-so-fun weeks to come. I also don't want to complain too much. It's what I wanted and I will take it all in a heart-beat.

Happy Birthday to my dad today! He's the ripe old age of 55, which means he knows we're taking him to I-HOP to celebrate with his "senior discount!" Aside from loving I-HOP and restaurants like that, he's been jokingly looking forward to being of age for the special menu... Ha ha.. I'm glad he's such a good sport about it and embraces life and its changes as they arise. Can't wait to give him his birthday gift--a collective effort from all the kids and spouses! More details to come...

3 comments:

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Hurray for sickness! And that's so great you are starting at a weight you are happy about! Sometimes the smallest amounts of weight we'd like to loose are the hardest to get rid of! I went shopping today and tried on a skirt of a specific brand that has always been true to my size. But it didn't fit!! It was too baggy! I left the store so thrilled! Hurray for breastfeeding! I finally lost that pesky five lbs that I've been wanting to loose for years!

Miss Crys said...

Oh dear...the sickness is so hard. I cannot believe I had 5 children and was so sick with them as well. My teeth are terrible from all the vomitting :( It is worth it though...this baby will be such a joy and a beautiful step along your healing process.

Jon and Kim said...

Oh the joys of nausea! Does the gingerale actually have ginger in it? A lot of them don't. Go figure! I don't care for ginger either, but the only thing that worked for me was fresh ground ginger with sprite. I would drink that daily. I actually acquired a taste for it. Jon even tried buying me some ginger ice cream (nasty)! I don't suggest trying that. I also bought sea bands from the pharmacy that you wear on your wrists. They have these balls that sit on your pressure points on your wrists. Those seemed to help a lot too! Don't be too hard on yourself with the weight gain. It is okay to gain while pregnant.

Post a Comment