Friday, October 29, 2010

Pregnancy So Far

Well, I'm 11 weeks today. Now that I'm closer to 12 weeks, I can't believe first trimester is almost over! But sometimes it feels like it's taking forever. Probably just depends on my attitude for the day! So this won't be the most pleasant entry but I want to record my pregnancy details for future reference:

I started feeling aversion to food and some nausea at 8 weeks while I was in Hawaii. Actually, I was exactly 8 weeks the day after we arrived and we went for a scenic drive...where I had my first throw-up overlooking a beautiful look-out point! No better place, I guess. I rarely get car-sick, but it seems more common when I'm pregnant. So that was the start of it. I didn't feel any different up until that point, except for a quick gain of a couple pounds and bloating!

Since then, I've been feeling nauseous in the evenings after dinner until I go to sleep. Oddly enough, I've been on a rotating every-other-day schedule so it really hasn't been too bad! Once I throw up I usually feel better, which I feel fortunate about, and it's always been a conscious decision. I feel it building up and think, "Well, it's time to do this" and...the deed is done and over with! Still not fun, and I'm always bummed when I've made a special effort to eat vegetables or protein and they don't quite make it to digestion. Probably too much info., but I have a great sink that allows me to pull out the plug so I don't have to puke over the toilet bowl. It feels cleaner, anyway!

I'm not really showing a whole lot yet. Noticable for me but not to the untrained eye! As of today, the four pounds I gained I have now slowly lost. I'm only a pound heavier than my starting weight, which is surprising because I'm consuming carbs like no other! My biggest aversion is towards most meat (especially beef of any kind, which made our dinner at Ruby River that much more enjoyable for Dan. He was able to get his prime rib practically "moo-ing" since I didn't even want one bite of it.) I'm still exercising about 3 times a week with Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred, but definitely don't push myself like I used to. I'm too tired anyway!

Speaking of which, I feel like the more sleep I get the more tired I am! I sleep a good 8 hours and many days manage a 30-40 minute nap, but it still seems never enough. My energy level has diminished but that's normal, I guess. I just don't remember fatigue being a big part of my pregnancy with Ty. But I'm proud of myself for making the time to take care of my body and baby. Napping is a big step for me!

That's the gist of pregnancy so far. Many, many more weeks to go!

3 comments:

Jon and Kim said...

My first trimester was exhausting. I would come home from work, fall asleep, wake up to eat dinner, then go back to sleep for the night. Once second trimester hit, I had energy and the nausea subsided and life was good again. Hang in there! It will get better very quickly.

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Hurray for feeling sickness though! YOu know you are on a good track!

Pawranee said...

I've heard that getting a good 90 minute nap is the perfect amount for a nap, and since I typically only have time for a quick 20 minutes, I never realized how GOOD waking up actually felt till one day this week. You have to try it! :) Truly, I woke up bouncy and ready to take on the world. I'm glad you're taking time to nap, though, regardless of what length of time. It's good to "baby" you and the baby, and why not?! :) Love you!

Post a Comment