Dan registered for the Bar on Monday, and had the rest of the day and evening to think about starting this final step on his journey to become an attorney. That evening we spoke on the phone and were both emotional as we anticipated the next morning. We read scriptures together and prayed together like we do every night as part of Aiyana's nightly routine. (She really does fall asleep better when we hold her just a few minutes more and read scriptures out loud. Boring or spiritually calming, I don't know, but it works. Knocks her right out!) Then we talked about the last three years, including Dan's Dad and Ty, and how we know they are both cheering him on and watching him succeed. Dan sang, "Taumafai" to me and translated the words into English afterwards. Then he read the letter he wrote to Ty after he passed away (which Dan shared at Ty's funeral), and we talked about how much we have felt and learned and experienced in the past three years. Tuesday through Thursday would be the final test!
Later that night, Dan sent me this cell. phone picture and text:
"This will be me after Thursday!"
That made me smile really big.
So, Tuesday has come and gone, the big FIRST DAY out of the way! Dan called me and said he felt it went pretty well -- not perfectly, but certainly well enough to pass day one. He also was able to sleep from 11:30pm-3am, and then woke up every hour to look at his phone but went back to sleep for a few more hours. That's huge for Dan! He never sleeps before big exams. We feel very blessed, and thankful for the prayers and fasting on his behalf. I haven't heard how today is going but considering he scored really high on the multiple choice part in his practice tests, he feels most confident today. On Thursday, he has four essays to write in four hours and then he is coming home to me! The Bar can't be over soon enough. I can't wait to have Dan all to myself for an entire month, and then some! Not having him him for just a few days really helps me see how much he does for me and Aiyana, even when he's so stressed and busy studying. I miss him!
Here's something just for fun: I was looking at pictures of Ty and found one that I think looks a little like Aiyana when she was the same age. I don't think they look a lot alike when Aiyana's awake, but when she's sleeping, sometimes I can see Ty so clearly it makes my heart hurt just a bit, but I also feel so proud of my two babies and full of love.
One Month Old
One Month Old
They are both also very big on stretching!
(~ 3 months)
(10 weeks)
Aiyana loves being swaddled. It's a great cue for her that it's bed-time and she rarely resists. But when morning comes and I rip open those flaps, she can't wait to throw her arms up and stretch! I love it. And look at that naked belly. I just want to kiss it and squish it!
I'm so happy these days. I adore all these mommy-moments! Especially the smiles... sometimes she just looks at me with amusement before breaking out in this huge toothless grin, and I crack up and smile back at her, soaking up every second of it.


2 comments:
Go Kiefer!! He'll do great, he always does. Let us know how it goes! We'll be rooting for you guys!
Isn't it so great that the bar is DONE?? Ahh, I feel like we can all breathe now. Love the pictures of Ty and Aiyana. They are both so adorable and really do look alike in those pictures!
Post a Comment