Aiyana's first Halloween! -- thus, the title of this blog post as suggested by Dan's brother, Kroc. He thinks he's so clever. It kind of is. (Granted, he was pulling from my previous blog title but whatever.)
Originally, I bought Aiyana a lamb costume but didn't try it on her until two weeks before Halloween. She looked so cute and sweet in the pink and white suit. Unfortunately, Chunky-Ma-Goo didn't quite fit in the 0-6 months size! So I went to three different wal-marts to find the bigger size but they were all gone. Apparently, there were a lot of baby lambs wandering around on Halloween night. Between a cow and a lion cub, I chose lion even though it was in dire contrast.
But that night, as Aiyana literally growled at everyone, we knew she was wearing the right costume. A lamb is just much too calm and docile for her! Her growl is the cutest thing I've ever heard. "Raaahhhh..." she says, letting it trail off while you stare at her in disbelief. She stares back with open eyes and a serious expression as she awaits your reaction.
"Was that her??" people would say. "Yep!" Then we'd growl back.
When the growling battles ensued, Aiyana definitely won because we'd all be laughing too hard to keep going!
Just a little "Circle of Life" action happening over here.
My favorite face of hers. I love when she crinkles her nose!
Don't worry. The creepy man holding my daughter is just her Uncle Kroc.
Not feeling so great, Dan dressed as an over-worked, overly-tired new Attorney home from a long day at work.
"Lions, Geisha's, and Ninja Turtles, OH MY!"
(Brittany and Megan, so cleverly disguised)
Our platter of creepy treats, in addition to the pot-luck of finger foods including wings, meatballs, cracker- cheese-and-salami platter, spinach dip and chips, and cucumber-dill-cream cheese sandwiches. Interesting combo. . . .
I can't wait to actually take Aiyana TRICK-O-TREAT-ing next year.
2 comments:
I love the costumes! She makes the cutest Lion ever! And I love that she growls! (or in this case roars!) She is growing up so fast and she is so stinking cute! But I can't believe that you didn't take advantage of the opportunity to go out and get free candy! Love you guys!
You and your little princess are so darn cute! I LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment