Fortunately for everyone involved (namely the wives), the game was a low-stress, low-anxiety win wiht lots of cheering and jumping around, which eased us into our delicious celebratory dinner for Dan. Upon request, we enjoyed a beef roast, green beans with bacon, mashed potatoes, and rolls. But the best part of the night was the ghost-cake that Sandra made, carrying on a childhood tradition.
Lila and I, making Witches Fingers and Chocolate Mice during the game.
You can tell I was overly concerned about the outcome of the game. . . (I like watching the fourth quarter, but it definitely won't make or break my day)
I love making these, but I have a hard time eating the mice.
Not Britt and Megan, though!
Jake and Cal
Lila experiencing Aiyana's way of saying, "Hello!"
Megan and Sandra prepping the cake.
The glowing eyes are made out of empty egg shells that have a cube of sugar and lemon extract in them. So creative!
Now singing Happy Birthday before blowing out the rest of the candles. Yep, all 31 present and accounted for. (Fire hazard?)
Dan may not have been able to blow them all out without Lila's help.
Down to the last candle. It was a success!
Steeler Pillow From Sandra
And, no. Nobody knows what he is doing to it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAN!!
1 comment:
Looks like tons of fun! I love your final disclaimer about not knowing what Dan is doing to his pillow! :) Happy Birthday Dan!
Post a Comment