At 21 weeks, everything still feels great. I don't feel baby boy move very much during the day, probably because I'm chasing Aiyana around and don't pay attention. I mostly feel him move at night just a little bit. If I recall, Aiyana was a bit more active sooner than this. Makes me wonder if I'll have me another calm little boy, and that might work out to balance just right! Or more likely, I just need to be patient another week or two and I'm sure he'll start moving around more.
My tummy bulges enough that I was happy when my midwife pulled out the little measuring tape at my appointment. 21 cm, which is exactly right where I'm supposed to be I guess (roughly a cm/week so they say, though that's not an exact science). I gained more weight this month than in the past, weighing in at 146 lbs. 9 lbs, and I'm curious how much more to go this time. I still can't believe I gained 30 with Aiyana!
I did come to a happy realization that I have not suffered any SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) symptoms. It's about as fun as it sounds. With Aiyana, I had that excruciating pain at 18 weeks and on through the rest of my pregnancy, especially if I walked too much or exercised -- thus the 30 lbs, right? haha But so far, so good! *Crossing my fingers I don't get it again, especially because I've read you're more likely to get it again and perhaps worse with each subsequent pregnancy.
Short and sweet update!
Recovering and Surrendering
9 years ago
2 comments:
30 pounds is nothing...knock it off you tiny thing!!!
Lydia wasn't a big mover either. It was usually just at night when I laid down for bed that I would feel her moving around. I am so excited for you guys! Don't worry! Even if he is calm, he will follow his sister's example and be just as wild! :D
Post a Comment