Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Orchard

One thing I miss most about Utah, other than family and friends, is all the fall festivities! There are so many family-friendly activities to do all the time and I'm bummed that I can't participate in them now that I have a child old enough to enjoy them.  I'm actually really surprised that Vegas, especially in the northwest where we live, doesn't have more to offer. But maybe they do and I just need to discover them still.
 
I had heard about this orchard but didn't realize there was more to it than just picking fruit. And even then, I underestimated how nice that was just walking together as a family down the rows and rows of apples. The trees were pretty picked through but we were going more just as a fun activity to do together as a family. We didn't go on the hayride but we picked a couple pumpkins and bought some delicious slushy apple cider and doughnuts (with this amazing glaze!) to go with our picnic lunch. It was such a beautiful, calm Saturday as a family.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Karen Ella said...

You guys are SO adorable!!! Seriously. Those are some fantastic pics!

Hoenes Family said...

I miss Utah too for that very reason! The warm weather just isn't the same ;) Looks like you made a fun day of it all. Bless you for letting Aiyana eat the apples right off the ground! I would have freaked out. Or maybe I judged too soon and that was one you picked! Ha ha!

jenandrustyfidler said...

I love the apple orchard pictures! Aiya looks so pretty in that outfit/color! Looks like it was a lot of fun too. I can't believe how festive your neighbors are for Halloween! They really did go all out. Quite the clean up for them, I'm sure, but that's pretty cool.

Post a Comment