I was tested for Strep B at my appointment today. I won't know until next week but I'm pretty sure it'll be positive again for the third time! I suppose it doesn't really change anything though. With my labor history, I should probably get to the hospital sooner than I think I need to anyway, since by the time I reach "go-time", my babies like to make their entrance fast! Plus, with Aiyana, I did enjoy having time to set up with music and get situated mentally and physically. Everyone keeps saying I'm going to have a fast labor, since that pattern generally continues progressively with each pregnancy. I'm really hoping so! But I'll just need to take it as it comes. As my midwife reminded me today, every pregnancy and labor is different. Anything could happen, I suppose.
Today I went in with a list of labor questions: Things I've wondered during labor but haven't been able to ask in the process. (Like why they tell me "not to push" or what's going on that I can't see). I feel afraid when I don't know what's happening but it feels too crazy in the moment to say, "Um, excuse me. Can someone please explain to me what is happening medically?" haha So I just want to be able to picture it all better so I can keep faith and trust in the hospital staff and their directions to me. I was feeling nervous talking about it today. I can't believe it's 3 (+ or - ) weeks away! And yet I can.
I've been getting baby phobia a little bit! I've found myself thinking about how hard having a newborn can be (not to mention having a feisty toddler running around) and the exhaustion and anxiety of such a fragile being. . . and reallly appreciating my sleep! But then we watched the episode of Modern Family where What's-her-name gives birth. . . and then I found myself getting excited again. It's an ebb and flow of emotions as of late!
Stats:
28 lbs (5 lbs? how did I gain that much since my last appointment??)
Fundal Height measuring 35.5 cms.
Baby's head is really low. Pretty much stays tucked on my right side, kicking into my ribs -- just like with his brother and sister before him! They seem to favor that side of my uterus because I don't feel much on my left.
Not much happening with my cervix though, as expected. "A dimple" is all the dent I've made.
So my uterus didn't grow the usual cm per week. But that weight is going somewhere. . . I'm thinking my "ka-dunk-a-dunk!" ; ) hehe
36 Weeks
And for kicks and giggles, here's a comparison shot when I was 36 weeks with Ty, wearing the same shirt: (I didn't take a 36 week photo with Aiya).
I'm pretty sure I was 34 cms at this point and pretty much stopped growing with him for the rest of my pregnancy, with the low-fluid and all that.
As part of my baby preparations, I also cut my hair pretty short so I don't have to worry about cutting it for maybe a couple months:

1 comment:
You look beautiful! You are such a cute pregnant woman!
Post a Comment