The time has come to move Aiyana from the nursery to her new room! It's been a work in progress, and we're about a month behind our ideal schedule but that's life. We just want her to be "settled" in her new room before the baby comes. Not that the baby needs the nursery right away, except for day-time napping. He'll be with me for the first 5 months! But I've heard that any big changes like that should happen before the baby comes to help with "big sister" adjustments. That, and it's just plain fun decorating a new room!
I've always known I wanted a purple room and we never really finished putting Aiyana's magenta room together. Following some inspiration from Pinterest (or "pinspiration" as they call it), here's what we came up with:
BEFORE:
(Your basic two-toned natural paint that our whole house is painted with)
DURING:
(I did most of the big-wall-space rolling while Dan did the pain-stakingly slow process of taping and edges.)
Just taking a break together. . .
AFTER:
From the doorway, the window is to your left. The pictures rotate clockwise throughout the room:
Dan did a great job with the contrasting stripes! It's pretty hard to get a straight line. I never would have attemped it, but with Dan's sharp eye and the patience I lack, he did a great job! He, of course, notices all the minor faults with his work but I love it. Overall, I think he does, too. Now we'll just have to gradually add decor to the walls.
Last weekend, Jamie stayed with me for the first time since I moved to Las Vegas. We just had a chill, girl's weekend since she was flying solo from boyfriend and kiddos. We didn't have a lot of adventures planned but that's partly what made it such a nice, relaxing visit, allowing us lots of time to talk and catch up, even taking a couple naps! Jamie did help me put my nursery ideas together. Dan and I had come up with a general paint scheme, but with Jamie's experienced eye, she helped me pick out two bluish-gray tones that I love, as well as curtain ideas to tie in orange and blue. I need to solicit someone's help to sew (where's my sis-in-law Emily when I need her! = ). But I'm excited about it because instead of replacing my boring, brown curtains that are all ready hanging in the nursery, Jamie suggested getting busier, colorful material and sewing it to the bottom part of the curtain, thus saving me money from buying new curtains and adding a uniqueness to the room. She found the perfect material at Joannes, a place I rarely venture into alone (For me, I feel like a lost child at the zoo!)
We ended our visit watching some of the Super Bowl with Brittany and Scot, mostly munching and talking through the game.
Back and neck tickles. . . Aiyana loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment