Thursday, February 7, 2013

More Reasons to Visit Utah

Jake, Carrie, Lila and Calvin moved to Utah last weekend. It was a sad day! We've known for a few months that this move was happening due to a job opportunity for Jake. Despite all the moving preparations and talks of their new house and future in Lehi, it didn't really hit me that they were leaving until that afternoon. The tears came when I hugged Lila good-bye, realizing that Aiyana doesn't get to grow up seeing her cousins on a regular basis anymore. (Aiyana loves playing with "Yiya" and "Cal" -- or "Dal"!) And then Carrie started crying, too, so then it was all over.
 
Jake and Carrie basically settled Las Vegas for the Kiefer family and we've all trickled in over the years, except for Nicole and Renaud. Jake and Carrie were part of the motivation for moving down here and helping us see the good in Las Vegas!
 
All this means though is more trips to Utah, or at least longer visits so I can catch everyone. I have so many family and friends in Utah now, a collection larger than anywhere else. It's nice to have so many loved ones in one place, but it can be hard trying to squeeze in time with everyone. I'll have to enjoy my freedom for long visits while I can before Aiyana starts school. That's a long time away so I'm not too worried about it! Get ready, Utah, 'cause we'll be around!
 









Good luck, you guys, with settling down! We'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment