Newest sentences:
- "I need that!!" said very high pitch and whiny. She, of course, prounounces every word perfectly, and over and over again.
- "My TURN!"
- "I need a turn!" (Nice combo of the first two, no? Notice all the exclamation marks. . . )
- "I want more milk . . . please" (emphasis added once she's been reminded)
- "I hold you!" spoken with her arms held up in the air when she wants me to carry her. Makes my heart melt, and also fill with guilt when I have Aaron in my arms. I told myself I would not carry Aiyana down the stairs while holding Aaron in my arms, but that look on Aiya's face when I say I can't . . We have definitely gotten creative!
- "Daddy go to work?"
- "I want to play."
- "I did that!" when she's pleased with herself for accomplishing something, like turning a movie on or putting on my socks.
- "We out. Ti Tout." = "We out. Like trout." -- Dan's latest phrase he's teaching her!
"No, no! Stop!" she insisted, shaking her head. I'd never heard her say "stop" before, and laughed at how vehemently she protested any other option. So black pants it was! She is sounding like such a big girl!
Personality Traits
I am starting to realize how rigid this girl is! She likes routine and sometimes clings to it like it's a matter of life or death! or more realistically, a huge, uncontrollable melt-down. This is especially the case with her nap and bed-time routine:
We pick two books and sit in the queen bed with the quilt pulled over her lap. We read. She then says, "under" and wants to play under the blanket for a couple minutes (Dan inadvernetly added this to the routine one night when he was playing with her, and she HAS to do it every time now). We transfer Aiya to her crib and dim the lights while we sing. But before we can sing, she lays her "blanky" on my LEFT shoulder and pulls my arm aside so she can lay her head on it. We sing a song. She asks for a prayer. We sing another couple songs, and then say "good night! Bye!" and she will play with her books and dolls a little longer before going to sleep.
Most days, if I skip one of these steps, or make the travesty of having AARON in my left arm while we're singing, she bawls at the top of her lungs until I get it right. I'm wondering if I should be worried, but I hear toddlers just like the comfort of routine and following expectations.
More Words in the Making
- "Shong" = Song (Love when she requests "a shong . . .", tilting her head to the side with this sill grin on her face. Love it even more when she asks for "Fai". Taumafai, that is.)
- "Shone" = Phone
- "Wove you" = Love you
- Too many to keep going with. She tries and learns new words daily.
Yep, it's just THAT good! (She loves "Mr. Noodle", the clown)
1 comment:
She is so cute! I'm anxious to meet her in person. Whenever will that be? When she's 10?? Maybe.
I'm glad to hear another kid is like Easton in the routine department. Being super specific on how things are placed, in what order things are done etc. It can drive me crazy, and I'm always wondering if there is something more wrong. but if you say it's normal, I guess I'll go with that. It's only with bedtime and when saying goodbye to dad in the mornings - -the most predictable part of his days.
Post a Comment