Right now, I am just over 8 weeks along. Pretty early but the fatigue and "bleck" feeling in my stomach has been a beast for the last week or so. I found out right before we drove to Utah for the 4th of July, (and funny how a number of people asked me about it, too!) but Dan and I decided to go to my first appointment before telling everyone this time. Not that they checked the heartbeat or anything, which is a big step for me as far as anxiety goes! With Aaron, the midwife pulled out the sonogram machine to check for the heartbeat at 7/8 weeks, which is not standard. But I didn't even think to ask about it this time, so I feel like my life is gaining a sense of "normalcy" and living in less fear of loss, as far as babies go. It's touch and go, but I feel like I'm making progress! Due date is March 6, almost same due date as Aaron's.
Here's the story behind the puzzle, which I put together to surprise Dan with the news: I found those images online and printed them at Office Max, then cut them into puzzle pieces. I put them inside a large envelope with a letter in it from the youth in our ward, instructing us that we were to complete the assignment together, and when we've done all we can do, to then open the smaller envelope. (This smaller envelope contained two key parts of the puzzle.) So then I wrote "Top Secret" on the envelope with my left hand (to mimic "Deacon" handwriting. haha) and left the envelope on the bed with the other mail from that day.
Dan was completely disinterested when I told him I thought we were part of a team-building activity for a youth activity. It was 10:30 PM before he agreed to open the envelope. (I totally tried to play it cool by not being pushy! Even though inside I was like, "Ok, come on!") When he opened the envelope, he also tried to play it cool like the assignment wasn't that interesting, but I know he loves puzzles (whereas I detest them). So I let him do most of the work and he completed the puzzle except for the two missing pieces. Once he opened the smaller envelope containing the final parts and put them in place, he looked at the image and laughed at the baby footprints for a second. I waited 5-7 seconds longer, thinking, "Ok, he really isn't going to get it. AGAIN!" But, of course, it registered pretty quickly what he was looking at! Hugged, kissed, and very happy!
We're nervous too. But I figure... if we have our family goals, we may as well get moving on this, and we've made it through harder things than crazy kids. So here we go! One more caboose on this train to come!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment