Sunday, November 30, 2014

Random November Favorites

Fall! I love fall, whether in Utah where leaves are changing and there are so many family-friendly events, or here in Vegas where the season still cools down enough for a slight change in wardrobe, yet able to get away with flip-flops! Vegas could really use more family venues. I'm jealous of the over-stocked supply in Utah! But we had our fun here too, finding pumpkin patches and and painting pumpkins.
 
This month we also enjoyed Felicity Farmer's birthday party (she's only six months or so older than Aaron and lives right across from us) and Thanksgiving, of course. This is the first time I've ever had a restaurant Thanksgiving and I have to say, it has its appeal! It was relaxing not having to travel anywhere and enjoying extra down-time as a family. With my mom and Sandra the only available family in town, we attempted to eat at Red Rock's buffest but that was a colossal mistake! I underestimated how many people eat out on Thanksgiving! So after waiting for an hour and with little end in sight, we left for Claim Jumpers. There was no wait, and the food was delicious and so large in portion that we all had leftovers!
 
My favorite part of Thanksgiving was the pre-Thanksgiving snitching on the pumpkin pie. There is only one store bought pumpkin pie that I love, and it's from Costco. I bought it Tuesday night. Silly me, thinking it would last untouched until Thanksgiving. Dan and I dove into that pie with whipped cream on top that very night, and every bite was so delicious! I think the fact that it was forbidden made it that much more savory. Love me some pumpkin pie! 
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment