Monday, August 29, 2016

First Day of K!)

It was a big first in the Kiefer household!

Thank goodness for the meet and greet on Friday. She was so nervous then and wouldn't talk to anyone. She and I were both emotional walking the halls for the first time! This morning though, she cried a bit but wiped them away when I told her I had a special present for her. "You do?" she sniffed, and then her eyes brightened as she smiled.
Before I left her classroom, she opened two rainbow heart lockets--one for her and one for me, to remember that we will always have a piece of each other's hearts and she will always be my Rainbow Baby.
I left her feeling confident and excited, and I didn't cry until the door closed! I am dying to know everything about her day.

We had a breakfast brunch at Melissa Hardy's with the usual Mamas-- Jo Tyra, Carly McCourt, Adrianne Fulton, Diane (who i obvioulsy don't know as well because I can't remember her last name!) Kristen Sundell, and Laura Mounteer. I've been the last two years but this is the first time I was a legitimate guest with a kid in school! Yummy food, good company.

It was a... different day. Nice. and weird. Aaron seemed eager for my attention but wasn't seeking me in the most pleasant ways. I think he was tired from how hyper/loud he was being, but we did get a good sword fight in while Logan was sleeping! He kept laughing so cute, totally happy. It's been a rough 18 months for him being in the middle. I'm really going to try and make it up to him this year. He deserves some one on one when I can. 

I went to pick up the kids for carpool and arrived early, eager to see Aiya and hear everything! My heart warmed to see Nixon leading the way with Gabby holding Aiya's hand after they had picked her up from her class. IT's a strange, beautiful feeling to see Aiya being guided by a 7 year old boy who is as old as Ty would be if he were alive. I talked to Aiya about it and she, being a little put off by most boys, was happy to have Gabby like a sister to her. Super cute. I kept prodding about her day and her first answer was, "We just did stuff."

Nooo, every detail!! Lol Throughout the rest of the day I figured out these details:
-Mrs Gilson is not as fun as Ms Tammie (pre-K teacher) because there are more rules.
- She made one friend named Zoe.
- She made a hat, using scissors and glue
- She sat on the QUEEN square on the rug.
- She did great eating her lunch. I think i'm going to have fun packing that for her.
-She touched her heart necklace and thought of me, just like I did for her. (Even though her initial comment was, "I didn't miss you that much." but she was being a bit grump off and on the first hour or so after we returned home.)

Aaron missed Aiya. I have a video of him saying he wanted to tell her he loves her and missed her! But as soon as she was home, there was lots of bickering and screaming again, per usual. But I could handle it so much better since it wasn't all day long! I'm excited about that! She had 3-4 time outs before bedtime. Definitely tired and pushing boundaries tonight. Probably normal.

As for Logan, he was more fussy today but overall, still my easiest one these days! The worst he does is throw his leftover food on the floor at EVERY MEAL. Ugh, i'll be so glad when he outgrows that! The other two did so he better! He could snuggle all afternoon if I'd let him, while watching Blaze. Sooo fun but I feel guilty letting him watch too much TV. I love his little lisp that makes him sound like Syllvester the Cat! "Aunt Blazzzee" (I want Blaze) when he's requesting a show. Love it!!


Day 2 tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment