Tuesday, June 2, 2020

What's next?

Memes. I live for the new ones every day. Ha ha It used to be about running out of toilet paper, since that was the first stock item to fly off the shelves and become a limited product. Then there were murder hornets for a while... now the entire nation is protesting and rioting because of the murder of George Floyd, a black man arrested and then murdered by a white cop who kneeled on his neck for 9 minutes. His death has sparked the patterned outrage against African Americans. I refer to both protests and riots because they are certainly not the same. Some are protesting calmly. But too many are taking advantage of the situation and becoming violent as they loot, burn, and destroy their own cities. A number of police officers have been shot and killed. It's just insanity... which is why the latest meme says something about, "Wonder what chapter of Revelation we're in today!" Honestly, if this isn't the sign of the times... If this isn't the worst it gets with a global pandemic with a new, wildly spreading disease resulting in quarantine, devastating economies, weird arrivals of grasshoppers and murder hornets, and now the worst civil unrest... I don't want to be around for the "real stuff".

If I'm not on the news, my daily life is normal, with the biggest concerns regarding my kids behavior towards each other or towards their parents. It's pretty blissful for the kids actually, now that school is out of session. Other than some chores, maybe a bit of reading (and we just started twenty-thirty minutes of some kind of academic review), the rest of their day is play time! There's been more of that than I typically prefer because I do like a little more time with just our family. But our neighbors who are best friends with all our kids, (even Eliana!) are moving in a couple weeks. We're getting in as much time as possible. They really make our daily life pretty happy with their love for each other. So much happy energy! It can be a little chaotic now and then, but totally worth it.

Soccer opens up this week with friendly pick-up games! I was feeling nervous a week or two ago, as eager as I was. But now I don't really care. I figure I can't hide from Covid forever. It's going to be as common as the flu, maybe even a cold. Life needs to carry on, and so I responsibly return to my regular world with safety measures and precautions! I really can't wait to run around and feel that cardio burn! Gonna be fun "me time"! I've been doing a good job with some pretty tough Hiit workouts that Emily's Utah neighbor records three times a week. That has been saving me! So glad to have challenging and effective workouts (even if I've gained a few pounds with all the extra eating out and less soccer cardio. =(

Church may be starting up again soon. In all honesty, I don't mind doing it at home. I really like less meetings and trying to make the meeting work for our family, and the flexibility in that. Dan's more  burned out on family church than I am. Ha ha Some days it really is very frustrating with the bouncy, hyper behavior. But I'm still up for the challenge. I do miss the opportunities to serve that come with attending church and being asked to help, or even my calling in Young Womens. I really didn't get to attend much before all this went down with the pandemic. A lazy part of me enjoys it. And another part of me that feels devoted is eager for those challenges because I know it makes me a better person, and I want good people to be helping with my kids when they are teenagers, too. We've had some dedicated primary teachers who have sent material to my kids, Logan in particular. It's very sweet.

All right, Dan is home after a long 12 hour day. Typical for him at least once or twice a week. Opening a new law firm is no joke! More on that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment